Polka-dots

Ever since I can remember I wore some sort of polka dot…when I used to dance Flamenco (most of my younger years) they were a part of me, and at times I felt they looked like a costume because I would only wear them when I had to perform… Nowadays I miss having them, and I rarely find them in my wardrobe…

Polka dots can be demure or dramatic , depending on the scale and shape.

Polka dots are like flowers they the bigger the pattern the fitter you need to be, so if you are curvier then small dots are great for you. Dots combined with neutral or pastel colors are considered to be conservative. If you prefer to go for brighter tones, then wear in small doses to avoid the 'clown factor".

Another recommendation is that if you want to wear big dots then try to wear only one piece in dots... or the top or skirt/pants. Combine your dots with a block color to balance the dots, or be creative and creative, combine your dots with stripes of the same color, paisley, or flowers. Avoid both pieces in dots.



Polka dot is a pattern consisting of a series of dots that are not necessarily equally spaced and sized, often differently coloured. Polka dots are most commonly seen on children's clothing, toys, and furniture, but they appear in a wide array of contexts. The pattern rarely appears in formal contexts, however, and is generally confined to more playful attire such as bathing suits and lingerie. Occasionally white on black regularly spaced polka dots appear on more formal clothing.
Etymology Polka dots first became common on clothing in the late nineteenth century in Britain.
An early recorded use of the term "polka dot" is in 1873 in Godey's magazine. The pattern is named for the dance of the same name. There is no real connection of the two. The name was chosen because of the dance's popularity, which led to many contemporary products and fashions taking the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share submit to reddit Follow xtravagans on Twitter View Xtravagans's profile on slideshare