These Brogue shoes are fading away…

I definitely enjoy doing research on the different things we currently see today as “fashionable” wearable items and remember that whatever we see today, it was “the piece” 40 or 50 years before.

Particularly this style of shoe, reminds me of my grandmother and how many shoes like these she had and deeply enjoyed. I remember when I was 15, I also had different types of brogue shoes, and today I realize that the word brogue means a fully punched-shoe but can also have derby lacing, and is not the same as the term brogueing which refers to punched patterns along the seams and outer layers of the shoe uppers. Wao, right? I bet many of you did not know this…I sure didn’t!

On the image above, we can see from Fred Astaire to Madonna and how these shoes have always been an instant classic no matter the decade or the trend. I do admit that these shoes needs to be part of your personal style, and I believe that is why designers today have taken the Brogue shoe to the next level by adding modern heels so they are more wearable to the current modern trends.

One of the easiest ways to wear brogue shoes is with high-waist pants, and a tucked-in shirt, or just do the opposite and wear an a-line skirt or cropped pants. Wear these Brogue shoes with personality, and as you walk with them feel like a dancer, an actress or my favorite a Queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share submit to reddit Follow xtravagans on Twitter View Xtravagans's profile on slideshare