Fall Report 2009


This fall season almost everything is a comeback!


The boudoir look, 40’s, biker look, ruche, vests, and high boots


High waist is coming back again and its coming back strong! So, search for those old pants with high waist, and you will fit right into the comeback trend.


The 40’s this is definitely my favourite fashion era. Although there was a war going on, the fashion in the 1940’s was so glamorous, and chick. If you don’t remember much about it, just rent a movie like Casablanca or Gilda to understand better the way they dressed.


The boudoir look oh lala sexy is back! I remember that in the 80’s I would wear a sheer body from Anti Flirt, put a very nice silk “bra” in the same colour of the body, and on top a jacket so that I would not reveal all the goods...


The biker or if you prefer the Michael Jackson look. This is a mixture of the 80’s look, with black tights, leather jackets, and metal chains to accentuate that biker look.


Ruche over the past years has been very popular, of course is like anything in fashion it comes and goes. Ruche or drape you can see it throughout this coming season from Balenciaga, Missoni, Donna Karan, Oscar de la Renta to mention a few.


Vests, in any shape, form, size, colour, fur, not fur you name it you have to wear them.


High boot, every season in fall boots come high and higher, but I think this season is a record high. So if you have beautiful thing legs go for it! If you are a bit like me, and you have thicker wide legs then I will share my secret... look for boots that are stretch... believe me your leg will amazing, and just as good as a zipper boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share submit to reddit Follow xtravagans on Twitter View Xtravagans's profile on slideshare